Some Things | Vol. 06: Tomorrow
01. Released on International Women’s Day, Underplayed explores gender disparity through the lens of pioneering female DJs.
02. A portrait of Breonna Taylor by Amy Sherald for Vanity Fair has been acquired by two major galleries via It's Nice That
03. Anna Mantzaris' stop motion film calls for an end to the 'Motherhood Penalty' via Global Women NZ
04. Visionary feminist artist Niki de Saint Phalle’s ‘Structures For Life’ exhibition opens at MoMA PS1
05. A California city gave some residents US$500 per month, no strings attached. After a year, the group wound up with more full-time jobs and less depression via Vox
06. Sometimes it’s good to remind ourselves of the power of creativity in the real world. Disney has teamed up with six children’s hospitals across Europe to transport patients to a whole new world via The Walt Disney Company
07. Can Tock, a new restaurant start-up that takes only 2% from restaurants, rather than up to 30% that platforms such as DoorDash and Uber Eats charge, save the restaurant industry? via Fast Company
08. ‘What does making a magazine sound like?’ A playlist from Toronto-based youth culture platform New Currency to celebrate the launch of New Currency Issue 01: A New Institution via Spotify
09. Instead of making ads about creativity, Vans helps artists bring their ideas to life via Vans
10. Got Corn? Following a nine-thousand-year journey, Robin Wall Kimmerer reflects on the ancient technology embedded in our relationship with corn via Emergence Magazine
11. “I’m Not A Businessman, I’m A Business, Man.” Following the selling of a majority stake in Ace of Spades only 2 weeks ago, Jay-Z has sold Tidal to Jack Dorsey’s Square. The interesting bit is the reason why via Boss Hunting
12. Silverchair - "Tomorrow" (Australian Version) (Official Video) via YouTube
Can’t wait till next week for more things? Follow us on Instagram.
We’re always on the lookout for like-minded people & brands to collaborate with. Reach out & let's make Something™ happen.